Saturday, April 25, 2009

walks and dogs



I have three dogs that make my world a better place. All three are quite companionable and we are mostly always together. My husband calls them the "puppy parade." We live in an area that still has wide open spaces, so the pups and I often go for walks. The dog in the upper right is Olive, the white dog is Evy, and the black dog is Sister. They behave well enough to be off leash, so they explore and meander sometimes together, sometimes alone. I love watching them. I often wonder what kind of picture we present on our walks... a woman in work boots and denim following (or leading, depending if we are heading out or coming in) three dogs. Are we a friendly sight or do other hikers hesitate when seeing us? Whenever we see another soul I call them back and leash up, we are considerate of others, but I still wonder what kind of picture we present.

No comments:

Post a Comment